"Not told my appointment was changed"

About: Sentinel Healthcare Southwest Community Interest Company / Referral & Appointment Booking Team

overall the service was very good in both doctors and Sentinel staff except I didn't receive a letter after making an appointment so I called to check I was still expected a few days before the appointment only to be told I didn't have the appointment and they had given me another day and time I didn't know about. I had to re-arrange anyway but still haven't received a confirmation letter and am supposed to attend tomorrow which I have already phoned and checked just in case.

Response from Rachel Newport, Sentinel Secretarial Support, Sentinel CAS, Sentinel Healthcare CiC

We are sorry to hear of your experience regarding your cancelled appointment and understand how frustrating this would have been for you.

Sentinel always endeavour to ensure patients have a good experience and take seriously feedback from patients particularly when it is raising concerns about their care.

We would like to investigate this matter further for you to understand why your original appointment was cancelled and why you were not informed of the change in appointment time. If you could provide details of your NHS Number to ply-pct.Sentinel@nhs.net if you are happy to do so and wish us to investigate this matter for you. This is a secure mailbox address and your email will only be read by a member of the Sentinel Team.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Best Wishes,