"My experience was an example of excellent nursing..."

About: Chase Farm Hospital

I checked into A&E with neutropenia and acute diarrhoea. I was treated in A&E expeditously; and a side room was found for me in Wellington Ward. The room was converted into a "barrier" nursing one with a commode. I realize that this was an inconvenient and also unpleasant arrangement for the nurses (having to wear mask, golves and apron to enter the room; having to remove stools and urine after each of my, at first, very frequent episodes). Throughout these several days the nurses were always cheerful: whgich I found uplifting. After the neutropenia was cleared I remained on drip for several more days while the diarrhoea was dealt with. Changes of drip occurred at all times of the day and night. Kindness and empathy were shown to me despite my despair and low spirits during these drip sessions.

I am deeply appreciative of the medical and nursing care I received at the Wellington Ward. It was excellent.

I wish to express a Big Thank You to all the many staff involved.

Response from Chase Farm Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give such positive comments about the care that you received.