"Superb Care form all concerned Well Done"

About: Colchester General Hospital

I was admitted to Dedham Ward in complete heart block, I was treated with great compassion and received excellent care from the time of admission to discharge 3 days later. All staff including medical were very willing to answer any queries or concerns I had, and always came with an answer however insignificant it may have seemed.

I am an ex nursing sister, my speciality was surgery and my in depth knowledge of acute medicine was very scanty. Needless to say I asked lots of questions and they were all answered with cheerfulness however busy the team were. On discharge I was supplied with and emergency number should I have any queries afterwards, I have used this twice and alwys been treated with great courtesy. The ward was very clean and fresh, and also I was aware that the care given to me was the norm! not the exception. I would have no problem with being admitted again, or any of my family as patients. Well Done Dedham Ward.

I have no problem with any of my care and was very satisfied.

This is my first time as a patient since the 1980's and then I was a sirgical patient I was ver impressed.

Response from Colchester General Hospital

Many thanks for your comments and taking the time to submit them. We try really hard to improve our services based on the comments we receive.