"disappointed and disgusted"

About: Bmi - The Beaumont Hospital

respect shown by consultant to patient.

my mum was in tears describing her experience of her recent visit. the procedure she was there for was undignified and the consultant was not very gentle or respectful, even one of the nusrses present asked if my mum had been given any sedation and was told some, not once did he ask if my mum needed any more. he talked about my mum and the NHS as though my mum was not in the room, he had not read any records before seeing my mum, my mum said she would not go there again. my mum was told she would need someone with her after her procedure but she was allowed the leave the hospital on her own!

my mum has cancer and it was upsetting to see her so distressed by her experience, i expected better and she should have been treated better.

Response from Bmi - The Beaumont Hospital

We would like to reassure you that all staff at the hospital are committed to providing the best quality of patient care possible. We are very concerned that this patient felt they had such a dreadful experience, and would urge them to contact the Executive Director of the hospital directly to discuss this further.