"Reassured that NHS hospitals have the resources to..."

About: Bedford Hospital South Wing

No expense was spared to ensure my condition was not life threatening. I left fully reassured that everything had been done to thoroughly investigate my pain. Although extremely busy when admitted which makes the experience all the more scary the nurses and doctors seemed to prioritise appropriately. When quieter the nurses are kind, confident and efficient. The doctors and junior doctors that treated me were extremely considerate, listened and did not patronise at all.

When busy there just aren't enough staff on duty to give patients the sense of confidence that's needed to help them settle. Several bank nurses hadn't turned up. Nurses were off or leaving which suggests moral low.

Despite working in difficult times, the staff in acute assessment were efficient and kind and did not take out any pressure they were experiencing on the patients.

Response from Bedford Hospital South Wing

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Bedford Hospital's NHS Choices site. We are pleased that you felt well cared for and listened to and we will pass your kind comments on the the Acute Assessment Unit team.