"The best Hospital in England."

About: University Hospital Of Hartlepool

I entered Ward 4 on Sunday 25th March for a total knee replacement. Staffs were very friendly and professional and made entering hospital a pleasant experience.

After the operation on Monday afternoon I entered the enhanced recovery system and was doing the physiotherapy exercises and walking with a frame within two hours of the operation.

I was discharged on Wednesday 28th March and went home.

The result of the operation is I am now mobile with sticks and free of all pain in my knee. I can only say that this is a brilliant result

I would like to thank all staff on Ward 4 for their care and help during my brief stay.

The attitude of all of the staff I meet was exceptional .Nothing was too much trouble for them and I have to say that I have not meet such hardworking dedicated people for a long time.

I have already been contacted by North Tess Hospital about after care and I am looking forward to getting mobile without sticks in the very near future.

Nothing - Everything is spot on

Response from University Hospital Of Hartlepool

Thank you for your very positive comments about your experience. We will certainly pass them on to the staff concerned. We hope you continue to make a good recovery. Thank you very much for taking the trouble to leave a comment on NHS Choices.