"Nottinghamshire Healthcare oscars night"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

(as a staff member),

What a night this was.

FOCUS the service user/carer group made up of 12 members that I support were nominated for an award 'Team of the Year (non-clinical)'.

As we walked up the red carpet to the East Midlands Conference Centre a photographer took our photo, this was just the beginning of the star treatment that we all received.

We were greeted by Dean Fathers (Trust Chair) who made us feel very welcome. We were then treated to a Champagne and canapé reception (the chicken was great and gluten free). The Champagne was ok although it was difficult to get a glass due to those that were obviously taking full advantage of this kind gesture by our sponsors.

We then went to our table and were treated to dinner prior to the ceremony commencing.

Dean Fathers (Chair) and Mike Cooke OBE (Chief Executive) hosted the evening as a double act and the awards were announced and received by the winners.

However we were all winners that night. I felt honoured to be able to see the service users and carers that I normally see in my day to day work out enjoying themselves.

The greatest reward for me and one that I hope to remember for the rest of my life was the laughter that was coming from our table due to the joy of having this time together.

I am normally quite a cynic about such things as the OSCARS but this night has proven to me how valuable such events can be.

With much appreciation Tim Wood (Staff Governor)

Response from Julie Grant, Head of Communications, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Hello Tim

Thank you for feeding back to us about the OSCARS - I am glad you and your team had a good evening. We feel that it's really important to celebrate the achievements of our staff, service users and volunteers. I have taken on board your comments about the champagne reception and we will bear this in mind for next year's event.

Everyone that was nominated and shortlisted deserves congratulations and thanks so please pass that on to your team.