"Are fasting patients seen right away for bloods?"

About: Community Health Services / Phlebotomy Knowsley NHS Walk-in Centre, Kirkby

I arrived at the Kirkby Suite clinic nice and early, within minutes I was called in and two people had already been seen to beforehand. I was welcomed by a very nice pleasant nurse (Donna) who made me feel relaxed. She was very gentle and caring, I was done before I knew it. She asked me if I had been fasting which I had, so you will really enjoy a nice cup of tea then, yes I will - I'd been up from 5am, but I'm up at this hour every day.

There was a point I should have asked about which I didn't, because I'd been seen to right away. Do the people like myself who fast, has the system been changed so they are seen to right away, as the last time I went I seem to have been waiting ages before my number came up. I was in a long queue. I thought I was going to pass out with my empty tummy. Maybe you have changed this for the better.

Apart from this little query I was really impressed with keenness and kindness I received on my visit from all the staff to the lady on the desk. Thanking you all.

Response from Kelly Owen, PALS, Knowsley Integrated Provider Services

Dear western245,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a comment after your visit to the Knowsley Phlebotomy service.

With regard to patients who require fasting blood tests, we have recently implemented a new IT system which allows us to identify those patients who are fasting on registration and these patients will be prioritised as appropriate.

I will ensure that your feedback is passed onto the team at Kirkby Health Suite.

Kind regards,