"Excellent care since my heart attack helping me on the road to recovery"

About: Adult community services / Heart failure support services NHS Direct NHS Trust Rotherham Hospital / Accident and emergency Rotherham Hospital / Cardiology

After feeling ill we contacted NHS Direct. They were very helpful and a first responder and ambulance arrived quickly.

The staff were competent and reassuring. I was taken to the A&E department and was well cared for until I was admitted to the coronary care unit. This ward was clean and peaceful and the staff were caring and supportive.

Since coming home I have had excellent care, advice and support from the heart failure nurse, and hope to join some of the activities suggested.

I was diagnosed with a heart attack and heart failure and I'm sure the excellent care I received has helped me on the road to recovery. Thank you.

Response from Grace Oldfield, Patient Involvement Manager, Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear mouth532, thank you for your posting on the Patient Opinion web site. We really appreciate your feedback and it is good to know you have had such a positive experience of our services when you had your heart attack and subsequent diagnosis of heart failure. We are pleased to know that our staff were able to provide you with care and reassurance from being admitted through A & E to CCU and afterwards with excellent care, advice and support from our Heart Failure Nurse. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the services concerned.

With best wishes,

Response from Caron Brittain, National Clinical Governance Manager, NHS Direct

Dear Sir/Madam

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. It is always a pleasure to receive news of such a positive experience.

We would like to pass on your thanks to the staff involved at NHS Direct; if you are happy for us to do this we would very much appreciate you contacting us via the Contact Us page at www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk, with your details. Your details will remain confidential but they will enable us to identify the staff members involved in your call. If you would prefer not to please accept my thanks again and may I wish you a speedy recovery.

Yours sincerely