"Nothing I would change about my visit to the childrens ward"

About: Tameside General Hospital / Paediatric surgery

Best bits: I am 6 years old, and I loved playing in the playroom and made a friend. The nurses were very nice to me and my mummy. My bed was comfy and I could use a remote to change it. I was quite nervous about my operation because I have not had one before but the nurses and doctors made me feel much better about it.

There was nothing bad or anything I would change about my visit to the childrens ward at Tameside General Hospital.

Response from Philip Dylak, Director of Nursing, Tameside Hospital Foundation Trust

I am so pleased that you and your mummy liked being at our hospital and that the doctors and nurses helped to make you feel better about the things that were worrying you. It is really good to hear that there is nothing you would change about the children’s ward at Tameside General Hospital.

I’ll give these comments to the doctors and nurses in the ward – they’ll be really pleased to see them.

Philip Dylak

Best wishes

Would you like to help the hospital to improve its services further? We are currently looking for patients and carers to become involved in a development called “Patient Stories”. We want to know more about our services from the point of view of those who received them – what was good, bad, what could be improved, what should be changed. Want to know more about what’s involved?

Please contact Philip Dylak, Director of Nursing at philip.dylak@tgh.nhs.uk