"Overall an excellent experience, thank you."

About: Darent Valley Hospital

I needed an operation and was given the choice of 3 hospitals, having been a visitor at 2 of them and seen the lack of hygeine, I decided to go into Darent Valley. I arrived for my operation at 7am on Monday 12th March 2012. The care and re-assurence was great, after the operation I was moved onto Mulberry Ward at 4.30pm. The staff were very caring and helpful, my consultant visited every day to see how I was, his assistant visited on the day I was leaving to advise me on what exercise etc I could do at home. Every member of staff was helpful, the hygiene was excellent, the food was good. I was very impressed with this hospital and would recommend it to everyone, if I needed treatment in the future, I would have no worries about using this hospital again. Excellent service and care.

Only problem I had was the amount of time spent in recovery, I realised the next day when the same thing happened why this was, not enough beds on the ward and too many operations.

I know it is standard practice now when having hysterectomy and repair operations to only be in hospital for 3 days, but I personally think this is too quick.

Response from Darent Valley Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to add your wonderful comments. The staff involved in your care have been informed of your feedback and we wish you a speedy recovery.