"Problems with disabled parking"

About: Southern General Hospital

Disabled bays were full. Parked on a double yellow, taking care not to cause an obstruction and that Blue Badge was displayed. Received a parking fine for £40 for 'not parking in a designated bay'.

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Thank you for providing your recent experience at the Southern General Hospital, I was very sorry that you found the disabled bays full and that you were fined for parking on double yellow lines. We try very hard to ensure that spaces are maximised for patients, particularly disabled patients, but I can readily appreciate that it is frustrating when spaces cannot be secured when you need them.

Car Parking enforcement staff do their best to ensure that disabled spaces are kept clear for disabled Blue Badge holders, and to ensure that the double yellow lines are respected. But, if you were able to provide me with your details we can look into the circumstances you encountered to see if there is any further we can do on your behalf.

Please send your details to complaints@ggc.scot.nhs.uk, and we will see if there is anything we can do to help.