"I was treated with excellence throughout my stay..."

About: Leighton Hospital

From the moment I entered A/e, which was very busy, I was treated proffesionaly and given excellent service. Once admitted to the ward I was treated exceptionaly well and swiftly. After my operation I was cared for equaly as well. At all times i was informed of what was happening to me and and the resaons for every procedure, The hospital administartion were flexible allowing me a follow up appointment that suited my needs. To conclude I would like to thank the staff on ward 15 and the theater satff both of whom treated me with respect and dignity and above all dealt with my medical problem possibly saving an amuputaion through their swift action.

I would also lkke to thank the staff at Victoria Infirmary Northwich for thier quik action in reffering me to Liaghton

Thanks Bob

Visiting times where very short and while I understand the building work may have made having visters difficuly it appeared an over reaction to reduce the hours to one per day.

None other than thanks

Response from Leighton Hospital

Thank you very much for your comments which are very much appreciated and have been shared with the staff who looked after you.

I apologise for your experience of visiting times. Unfortunately, during that time, we were going through a series of corridor closures that led to wards being used as thoroughfares on the top floor of the hospital. In conjunction with the infection prevention and control service, it was decided to reduce activity, and consequently infection risk, by minimising the visiting hours for that specific period. I am pleased to advise that the work affecting ward 15 has been completed.

Sally Mann, Divisional Lead Nurse, Surgery & Cancer Divsion