"Very satisfied with Tameside General Hospital"

About: Tameside General Hospital / General medicine

In 2009 I was admitted as an emergency and was treated superbly for a pulmonary embolism. After discharge I was given follow-up appointments - my next on is in April. They are still keeping an eye on me after over two years.

Recently I presented myself at A&E with increasing breathlessness - I had a chest x-ray, and injection, and blood tests were done. I was admitted for further investigations and am due a scan tomorrow.

I have found all the staff in every department and in whatever field to be caring an professional. I am well satisfied with my local hospital.

Response from Philip Dylak, Director of Nursing, Tameside Hospital Foundation Trust

Thank you very much for this posting. I am so pleased that you are “well satisfied” with your local hospital, Tameside General Hospital. I will pass on your kind comments the departments who have cared for you. I do hope that you continue to improve.

Many thanks

Philip Dylak

Best wishes

Would you like to help the hospital to improve its services further? We are currently looking for patients and carers to become involved in a development called “Patient Stories”. We want to know more about our services from the point of view of those who received them – what was good, bad, what could be improved, what should be changed. Want to know more about what’s involved?

Please contact Philip Dylak, Director of Nursing at philip.dylak@tgh.nhs.uk