"I have only praise for the way I was treated and..."

About: Sutton Hospital

The respect, care, understanding, kindness and consideration I received were of the highest quality.

The information I initially received regarding the procedure was given in a clear and sympathetic manner and later events were explained to me as they happened. Not once did I feel any anxiety caused by not knowing what would happen next

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all concerned for their attention, kindness and professionalism during the time I spent in the Day Surgery Unit at Sutton Hospital.

On arrival I was asked to sign a form, one of the points it contained was that I understood I should not drive for 24 hours after the epidural. As my signing this form had implications beyond my stay in hospital, it would have been helpful to have been given a copy for future reference.

With regards to the Consent Form; I trusted that I had been given all the facts, but I would have preferred to have been shown the form prior to being asked to sign it, thus giving me time to read it thoroughly and address any queries I had with its content.

For those patients who would want to read these forms carefully, the facility to do so will be important to them.

Response from Sutton Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your feedback about the care you received at Sutton Hospital.

Your comments are very kind and I have passed them on to the team involved.

I note the points you raise about the consent forms and I have asked the team to look into this. I fully agree that patients should have time to read forms so that they can digest their contents before signing them. They should also be offered a copy for their own records.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Pippa Hart