"Overall good, trained nurses please think about..."
About: Southmead Hospital Southmead Hospital Bristol BS10 5NB
What I liked
Pleasant light and airy ward, I felt my consultants team were very helpful in answering my concerns.
The majority of the staff were exceptionally polite and helpful. Ward and bathrooms were very clean.
What could be improved
1. Leaflet given by physio had incorrectly labelled anatomy ie uterus labelled as bladder
2. Advise given on position for use of toilet, no footstool provided in lavatory.
3. Inconsistent advice from nursing staff about mobilising post op
4. Nurses doing the drug round did not wash their hands between patients. Observed nurse giving IV antibiotics did not wash her hands before or after.
5. Had to ask nurse to wash her hands before giving me an injection. Two patients opposite me had infections nurse giving drugs/injections did not wash her hands after dealing with each patient.
6. Had to raise my bed so that the catheter bag did not touch the floor and then stop staff from lowering it!. Are your staff aware of the risks of infections from this route? No catheter bag frames available.