"not great"

About: St Peter's Hospital (Chertsey)

I went to A&E due to breathing difficulty and the wait was normal length, but when I was seen the doctor prescribed me steriod tablets and and inhalor, but when they asked about how much I work I said I work one day a week and they said let me see if I can make you pay for these even though I am on very low income, then it told me to take 6 tablets a day for a week which is 42 tablets but they only gave me about 35 tablets!

Response from St Peter's Hospital

We are sorry that your experience in our Emergency Department did not meet your expectations, but would like to clarify that prescription charges are set nationally by the Department of Health and not individual hospitals or doctors. Some people are exempt from paying prescription charges, but this is not something our medical staff govern and whilst they will always try to help patients with any queries they have, it is the responsibility of the individual patient to organise their exemption. You can find more information about prescription charges in the ‘You and the NHS’ section of the NHS Choices website.