"Feeling healthier thanks to Why Weight"

About: City Health Care Partnership CIC / Why Weight?

(as a service user),

I need both knee replacements and was told I had a fatty liver and recommended to lose weight. I went along to St Stephens Centre, a lifestyle centre in Hull. I met there Liz Glenville who helped me lose a stone. Healthy eating, swimming, and determination helped me achieve the weight loss. Liz was really lovely, encouraging, and I couldn't have done it by myself as I've tried. I didn't know about the swimming sessions. I was recommended to eat breakfast, dinner, and tea, and have at least 5 portions of fruit or vegetables. I swapped somethings I was eating for a more healthy option as well and I now feel truly a lot healthier due to weight loss, and don't use my stick and liver is healthier. Thank you.

Response from Mark Doughty, Weight Management Development Manager, Weight Management Services, City Health Care Partnership CIC

Thank you for your comments.

I am pleased that you found Liz supportive and encouraging, it sounds like you have had some very good results.

Well done on losing weight and improving your mobility and good luck in maintaining your new, healthier lifestyle in the future.