"Thank you to the pain team"

About: Southern General Hospital / Pain management

I am on 280mg of MST (morphine). I was getting it put up 20mg every 6 months but thanks to the pain team I am on my way to lower my MST to 200mg and hopefully with them i can come off MST fully and use something weaker.

Without the pain team i would be looking to be on MST for i don't know how long, so many thanks to the pain team. They also helped me come off co-proxamol which i was taking up to 4 to 5 times the daily amount, so you could say they saved my life as well.

Response from John Hamilton, Head of Board Administration, Board Administration, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Thank you posting your message on Patient Opinion and it was so pleasing to read of the benefits you feel you have gained from following the advice and guidance of the Pain Team.

It was very good of you to take the time and trouble to express your gratitude this way and we will ensure the Pain Team are made aware of your appreciation of them and their advice -- thank you once again for such a positive story.

Update posted by SPAM (the patient)

I think Southern general nurses in ward 3 4 & 11 are some of the best in Scotland if not Britain