"Me and my experiences at being at Rotherham District General Hospital"

About: Rotherham Hospital / Older people's healthcare

I was an inpatient in Keppel Ward on three seperate occasions in the last six months.

The care and treatment I received at each stay in the Keppel Ward was first class.

Every thing was done professionally and there were no corners cut. The staff were cheeerful, efficient and considerate, even the cleaner/tea ladies were excellent.

The food was good and wholesome with a choice of meals offered each day.

I have nothing but praise for the staff, they were excellent. I may have to return to Keppel Ward for treatment and judging from my past experience I feel confident I will be in good hands. After visiting other departments for treatment my overall impression of the hospital is that it is clean and well managed.

Response from Grace Oldfield, Patient Involvement Manager, Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Percy Thrower, thank you for your posting on Patient Opinion web site. We really appreciate your feedback and it’s good to know that you had such a positive experience from all members of staff whilst you were a patient on Keppel Ward and that they were cheerful, efficient and considerate and that you found the food we offer wholesome with a good choice offered every day. We shall be sure to pass on your very kind comments to the staff concerned.

With best wishes,