"Lovely staff, just not enough of them."

About: Manchester Royal Infirmary

The staff available on the ward were very helpful when they had time. They made it clear that i could ring at any time if I was concerned about my family member, and when I did, they were very polite and reassuring.

Although the staff are brilliant at what they do, there simply arent enough of them to go around, and it left me worrying that my family member wasnt being properly taken care of especially when condition could change so quickly after cancer of the larynx and complications that followed surgery. There is also no tv in the side bays to distract patients from their illnesses, a tv room is available but not ideal for those with drains, feeding tubes etc. and even if they got there would be worried they would miss doctor rounds. A good job that the staff don't mind the odd phone call to check on patients condition.

Found it very difficult to find the right ward on the first visit, even staff in the hospital found it difficult to point me in the right direction, some having worked there for years.

Not enough is publicised about free parking pass for long stay patients relatives, having paid for 2 weeks parking and then went for monthly ticket and was advised then to get ward staff to fill in the form I was handed. Parking costs isnt something you worry about initially but it soon mounts up, very grateful.

Response from Manchester Royal Infirmary

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to learn that your experience was not as positive as we would hope. If you would like to discuss this with us, feel free to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0161 276 8686 or by e-mailing pals@cmft.nhs.uk