About: Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital (Welwyn Garden City)

I had operation and was in Princes Wing. luckly for me i only was they for minor op and only one nurse stood out for me and i found out she didnt even worked on the ward!! I looked at the way other patients were being treated by staff. cleaners did a great job and were well supervised on a daily basis....why couldn't the nurses and doctors be the same?

Is it so difficutl to get the menu orders right? 3 times the lady opposite me had the wrong menu! the table was out of reach. nurses often stood by a high desk and ignore our calls, I often heard comments she is always buzzing! i even heard them swear. A matron come up to me to ask me about my care whilst nurses were rushed off their feet. I wondered why this nurse didnt put an apron on and give an extra hand? Apparently it was not her job and she done her time of giving patients a drink. The managers weren't hands on either. the staff seems demoralised and unhappy...

many others but i doubt things will be any different! advise ..avoid being a patient!

Response from Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital

It's always sad when a patient is not only unhappy with being a patient on one of our wards, but also believes that no one is bothered to listen them. Well we are and would love it if you would give us a chance to hear more about your concerns because it is very important that we hear and act upon what patients tell us. So if you're willing to give us that chance, please drop us an e-mail to generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net so that we can make sure that you talk with the people here at the Trust that address the issues about which you are concerned.