About: York Hospital

Consultants were reassuring, kind and treated me as an individual not a number, they seemed to genuinely care that I got better, and I knew that even though I needed major surgery I'd be in safe hands and well looked after. The care from one consultant in particular was exemplary.

Nurses on ward 16 were friendly and approachable, nothing was too much trouble, and care was always given with a smile and a joke. Nursing staff were always upbeat even when dealing with difficult patients.

The food is truely awful. It's all very well telling you to eat more, but the food was at best lukewarm, often covered in a film of grease, and frequently inedible. Options if you're on a low fat diet are practically non-existant, and even if you choose those options marked as low fat, they really aren't. Sandwiches should have more filling, and bread, than butter/spread!

Response from York Hospital

Thank you very much for your posting. Your comments have been passed to the teams concerned. We are pleased that your visit to us was in the main very positive; our aim is to provide a high standard of service which reflects the needs of patients. Your comments on how we might improve things have also been passed to the relevant teams