"Dermatology Services Mid Staffs"

About: Cannock Chase Hospital / Dermatology

I have recently received a series of treatments at the dermatology Department at Cannock and I want to report that I have had excellent treatment at every stage.

In the course of conversation with staff I am quite concerned about the uncertainties surrounding Health Service provision in Mid Staffs and particularly the future availability of dermatology services at Stafford and Cannock.

Is it possible for you to offer any assurances on the future availability of these services?

Response from Head of Patient Experience, Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to share your compliments about our dermatology service and your concerns about its future. I have shared these with the dermatology team.

I can confirm that there are no plans to lose the dermatology service. There is a drive to ensure that we provide care closer to home wherever possible and this may result in the service being held in other venues, however this will not deplete the availability of the service to our patients.

Kind Regards