"Excellent care and thorough treatment"

About: Frimley Park Hospital (Frimley)

I was referred by my doctor to A&E and from that moment I would rate my care as exceptional. I was admitted with a life threatening condition and the doctor I saw in A&E reassured me, kept me continually updated and began treating me immediately. I had to undergo a number of tests and procedures which were all carried out in a timely manner without fuss or alarm. Upon diagnosis I was admitted to G4 Byron and stayed in a side room which I found to be exceptionally clean. All the nurses were very nice, professional and caring. I realise that a lot of people would expect this of them at all times but I think when doing a job that is so pressured and demanding the ability to remain kind and patient throughout is a very special skill. After a few days I was desperate to wash my hair but was physically unable to, I mentioned this to a nurse and she arranged for someone to help me which made me feel ten times better. This was just one of the small gestures that made my experience such a positive one. I can't fault the staff or treatment I received at Frimley Park in any way.

Response from Frimley Park Hospital

Thank you so much for posting your experience on NHS Choices. All the staff involved in your care will be delighted to know that their work is appreciated. You are quite right that it is often the small things that make a big difference when you are unwell and in hospital.