"Worried about travel expenses to Ashley House"

About: Ashley House / Recovery service

(as a service user),

Just to mention about the bus ticket situation at Ashley House.

I am a service user and use Ashley House for the groups and the services and I am worried about the travelling expenses as they won't be getting paid after February which I feel will stop a lot of people coming to group as we all struggle to pay for our tickets which for me is just under £30 pound a fortnight.

I would like some action to be forced so that we would be compensated for our tickets or even be allowed to have a bus hopper ticket as I think the groups will be smaller not many people with turn up.

Response from CRI

Hi Beyond938

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on patient opinion. We value your feedback and have discussed this at length, this topic was also brought up at the fortnightly service user forum. We hope that you received appropriate feedback from the service user forum. The next forum meeting to be held in Ashley House on 18th April at 12pm ALL WELCOME.

The forum have been looking into other alternative arrangements this has not come to fruition as yet, we would welcome any ideas from yourself and any one else who access the services here in Halton.

We look forward to any questions on this issue or any other topics you would like to raise here on patient opinion, in the service user forum or in person.

Response from Nicola Guthrie, Halton Integrated Recovery Service Manager, CRI

Hi Beyond 938

Thank you for your comments I can see that this subject has caused some concerns and generated a real debate, we have taken your views seriously and would like to invite you to our regular service user group meetings held every Thursday at 1pm in Ashley House.

This subject is currently under review with full service user involvement it’s our belief that this co-operation will bring about a fair solution for all. The debate is currently focused on how to maximise opportunities for involvement and when to support financially.

Please be part of the solution and come and share your views, all welcome.