"A long visit; though on balance worth the wait"

About: Fairfield General Hospital

Good care and attention from all the staff.

My 91 yr old mother attended the hospital last Monday for a 2.30pm appointment with the consultant accompanied by her 2 daughters. We finally saw the consultant at 5.00pm It was a long time to wait and seemed to make a mockery of an appointment system. The waiting room was also full to overflowing and we had to wait with my mother in a wheelchair in the corridor for some of the time.

Response from Fairfield General Hospital

Thank you for leaving your comments regarding your visit to the outpatients department last week. Unfortunately, occasionally clinics do over run, resulting in longer waiting times for patients and their relatives or carers. This is normally due to circumstances beyond our control but always of concern to us. If you would like a more detailed explanation regarding the reasons for the wait in the clinic you attended with your mother, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Team (PALs), who are an informal complaints service, on 0161 627 8678 during office hours. The PALs team will take the details of your visit and investigate the matter for you.