"Well looked after by Royal Bolton Hospital"

About: Royal Bolton Hospital / Gynaecology

Late last year when having a shower I noticed that I had a lump down below. I knew that this was not right so I made an appointment with my GP who told me I had a prolapse. I made a referral to the hospital, and I was given an appointment to see someone within 2 weeks!

I saw a consultant who confirmed it was a prolapse and told me the options. I opted for surgery and early this year I had the operation, it went well, the consultant explained everything to me and advised me what I could and could not do after the operation.

Both the consultant and her team and the nursing staff were absolutely brilliant, if I wanted to know anything or wanted anything they would be there to explain or get it for me. I could not fault anything as I was well looked after.

Response from Jackie Swindells, Patient Liaison Officer, Bolton NHS Foundation Trust

Thankyou for taking the time to give your feedback regarding your recent treatment at the Royal Bolton Hospital. We are pleased that your experience was a positive one, and your comments will be passed on to the appropiate staff.