"Wonderful on the whole, but bad attitude from nurse"

About: Victoria Infirmary

I have received very positive treatment from the physio department over the past 5 to 6 years. Also the consultations pre-surgery last year, all those were very positive - I had absolutely no cause for complaint.

The only negative experience was the post nursing care after my op. I did put in an official complaint after my discharge and the staff concerned that I spoke to were very helpful. However, the final letter was not entirely satisfactory - howver, I just let it go, but on finding out about Patient Opinion decided to share.

As I said at the time the surgical team were absolutely wonderful as were most of the nursing staff - I made this clear in my complaint last year. One of two 'minor' things were maybe not as they should have been but I appreciate the staff are at times very busy. The main complaint was the nurse on the day of my discharge whose attitude I found appalling and I shudder to think the effect it could have had on someone very vulnerable.

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Thank you for your feedback, I am very sorry that you had cause to complain but I have noted that you did so through the formal complaints route and that the matter was investigated. I am sorry that you were not entirely satisfied with the outcome of this investigation.

However, your positive remarks will be shared with the staff involved and I know that they will be thrilled to see your kind and thougtful comments about your physiotherapy and pre operation consultations.

Paul