"A very positive experience for a very scared..."

About: Kettering General Hospital

My son was admitted to Timson ward for a tonsilectomy. We attended the ward for a very informative visit prior to admission, ensuring that my four year old son would be comfortable entering the ward on the day of his surgery.

The wardstaff were very friendly and helpful. They respected the needs of my son who really isn't comfortable with people he doesnt know and made him feel safe.

The experience for him was made easier by the friendly atmosphere and the input of the play staff,

I really appreciated the follow up phone call the day after our discharge, it was reassuring to know that we were being checked on and I felt more confident with his recovery.

Response from Kettering General Hospital

Thankyou so much for taking the time to give us feedback about our service. I have shared your comments with all of the staff on Timpson ward.

As a team we do work hard to ensure that all children are put at ease by ensuring that they are well prepared for any treatment that they need to receive, and also that the parents are well-informed throughout.

Thank you once again.