"Poor physio experience"

About: Leeds General Infirmary / Trauma and orthopaedics

I visited a physio whose face and manner was as if they didnt want to be there. Also, they made me do extension and extension exercises which I feel increased my symptoms.

Response from Becky Riffel, NHS Leeds

Thank you for sharing your experience on Patient Opinion. I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience, and that the member of staff looked as though they did not care.

I will make sure that I pass your comments on to the patient experience manager at the hospital.

Response from NHS Leeds

Dear Lesley1000 Ref 60202

I was sorry to read about your recent experience whilst attending the Leeds General Infirmary for treatment. I can only apologise if you feel the staff member had a negative attitude during your treatment and say that I will copy your post to the manager of the Physiotherapy team.

The trust takes all feedback from patients very seriously. Clearly you have some concerns about your treatment and why a course of extensions was suggested. Perhaps another conversation might clarify the reasons and put you mind at rest that this is the correct treatment to help you recover from your injury. Please do bring your concerns to the attention of staff on your next visit.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail please do call our PALs team. The phone number is 0113 206 6261

Kind Regards

Sharon Ombler-Spain

Patient Experience,Involvement and Engagement Manager.