"Very relaxed,came out happier than when I went in..."

About: Hull Royal Infirmary

I went into A&E in the early evening and once past the initial assesment things moved swiftly and smoothly.I was advised about all decisions concerning my condition and treatment, the nursing staff monitored me every hour and made sure I was comfortable. The surgical team were informative and asked if it would be possible for a student to examine me, when the registrar who did the operation said the student might find the procedure informative I was consulted and agreed. The food was good and varied and was served in an appealing manner.From A&E to discharged took 40 hours and was an experience. I would recomend this hospital to anyone.

Response from Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Many thanks for adding you comment to the Patient Opinion website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and we will ensure that the staff concerned are made aware of these.

If you would like to become more involved in decisions about local healthcare, we are recruiting members. By becoming a member you receive our quarterly newsletter, find out more about your local NHS and help us improve local services. You can also attend our ‘medicine for members’ sessions and respond to questionnaires. You don’t need any special skills or experience to become a member; you just need an interest in local health services. There is no commitment, you can get involved as much or as little as you choose.

For more information please either email your.nhs@hey.nhs.uk or telephone the Corporate Affairs office on (01482) 675165.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service on (01482) 623065 or email on pals@hey.nhs.uk as we are always striving to improve our patients experience.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local services.

Response from Hull Royal Infirmary

Thank you for leaving your feedback on NHS Choices.