"X-ray at Gilbert Bain"

About: Gilbert Bain Hospital

My daughter had an x-ray at the drop-in x-ray clinic yesterday at the Gilbert Bain. This drop-in clinic is very convenient for people who live far from Lerwick, like us. It also fits in with public transport. The service was very quick. Thank-you.

Response from Edna Watson, Chief Nurse (Community) / ACF Chair, Directorate of Community Health and Social Care, NHS Shetland

Firstly – I’d like to thank you for taking the time to post the opinion – this is much appreciated and I am delighted you have had a positive experience of attending the Medical Imaging Department.

The Open access service has been running now for many years. At the time of its conception we surveyed our service users – including patients and GP’s, to ask if they felt it would be a beneficial and useful change to the service – which they did. We’ve never looked back. We offer an open access service as well as an appointment service to all GP practices and their patients in an effort to provide a flexible and responsive timely service.

I am delighted to hear it continues to be a valued method of access.

Ann Smith