"Very grateful for efficient ambulance service"

About: Scottish Ambulance Service

Posted by Bathroom shopper (as the patient),

I tripped and hit my head whilst out in Edinburgh. The staff called a paramedic who arrived promptly in an ambulance. My scalp had been bleeding profusely. Terry and his female co-worker attended to me very kindly and efficiently - putting iodine and adhesive on the cut, thus saving me a visit to hospital to have stitches put in. They also reassured me by taking my blood pressure, pulse, etc. This was the first time I had been in an ambulance on my account, and I am very grateful that I live in Edinburgh and have this effiecient service available. Thank you all very much.

Response from Sharon Hammell, Head of Corporate Affairs and Engagement, Scottish Ambulance Service on

Thank you for sharing your experience of the Scottish Ambulance Service. I am delighted that the care we gave you was kind and efficient, and meant you didn't need to go to hospital.

I hope you are making a good recovery, and will pass your feedback on to the staff concerned, so they know how much you appreciate the high quality of care you were given.

}