"Very grateful for efficient ambulance service"

About: Scottish Ambulance Service

Posted by Bathroom shopper (as the patient),

I tripped and hit my head whilst out in Edinburgh. The staff called a paramedic who arrived promptly in an ambulance. My scalp had been bleeding profusely. Terry and his female co-worker attended to me very kindly and efficiently - putting iodine and adhesive on the cut, thus saving me a visit to hospital to have stitches put in. They also reassured me by taking my blood pressure, pulse, etc. This was the first time I had been in an ambulance on my account, and I am very grateful that I live in Edinburgh and have this effiecient service available. Thank you all very much.

Do you have your own story to share? Help make a difference. Tell your story

Response from Sharon Hammell, Head of Corporate Affairs and Engagement, Scottish Ambulance Service on 09/02/2012 at 13:27

Thank you for sharing your experience of the Scottish Ambulance Service. I am delighted that the care we gave you was kind and efficient, and meant you didn't need to go to hospital.

I hope you are making a good recovery, and will pass your feedback on to the staff concerned, so they know how much you appreciate the high quality of care you were given.