"Clean hospital, good care, nice relaxing..."

About: Heartlands Hospital

Lots of midwives around during labour and afterwards which was in contrast to Solihull.

Clean, lots of cleaners around, bed was changed often in the 4 days as opposed to Solihull when I was not able to find clean sheets or anyone willing to change them.

Good breastfeeding support, even through the night when a midwife would assure me even if for a couple of minutes, would stop me from feeling so downhearted.

The food, yes the food, was nutritious and there was plenty of choice.

Pain medication after the C-section was good and i was asked constantly if I was OK and offered drugs regularly which kept the pain in check.

Lots of staff, I was constantly monitored and checked, all knowledgeable and approachable.

A much more relaxed atmosphere in which to recover from childbirth than Solihull, I left feeling happy and confident.

The car park is a nightmare to get a space, endless driving round to find a space.

I read some very scary reviews of this hospital before I went in to have my baby in January 2012, I had my previous baby at Solihull Hospital and was worried about the lack of choice of where to have my baby as I was considered high risk.

I spent 4 days in hospital being induced, having a C-section and recovery and found it to be a much better hospital than Solihull for maternity services.

I think people tend to review when they have had a bad experience, so wanted to share my good experience to reassure people. I think I have recovered more quickly thanks to their care and would recommend choosing this hospital for maternity services to friends and family.

Response from Patient Engagement Office and Project Manager, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you very much for taking the time to send us your detailed feedback. Like you say we often only get to hear the negatives so nice to read all your positive comments. I will ensure your feedback is passed on to the Matron for Maternity who will share it with her staff.

Thanks again.

Response from Heartlands Hospital

Thank you for your comments and congratulations on the birth of your baby. We will ensure your feedback is passed to the staff in Maternity.