About: Ipswich Hospital

I arrived at the radiology department for an dray after being referred by my gp. I arrived at 3.05pm and braced myself for a reasonable wait as there were twenty plus people in the waiting area. I was politely greeted by the reception staff and the waiting area was sufficient. Staff were very polite and human towards other patients when they were coming to greet them. Within ten minutes I was called by a nurse who asked me to follow her, she then explained exactly what I needed to do in terms of getting changed into the hospital gowns and keeping hold of my possessions. This had been my main concern and her clear statement pre-emptied my questions, simple but effective communication. The changing area was clean, private and bright. At no time did I feel stressed even though I was in a new environment and slightly apprehensive. The staff that took the x ray were again clear and polite and friendly but very professional and proficient and again preempted my questions by stating that the results would be with my gp in five working days. I changed and was back at reception for 3.45pm were I asked for a feedback sheet and thanked the staff. Overall I was delighted with the fine professional service and the systems in place that were clearly thought out with the patient experience at the forefront of the thinking. Thank you to all the staff involved who do an amazing job.

Feedback sheets

Nhs and it's staff often receive negative feedback and press coverage however as a nation I believe we take the nhs for granted and to have an x ray within forty minutes and be treated with such respect and courtesy is an amazing service.

Response from Ipswich Hospital

Thank you for your lovely comments.