"Kind and caring staff providing excellent clinical..."

About: Royal Brompton Hospital

Without exception all of the staff that treated me during my stay were caring, professional and friendly. I had surgery, followed by a night in HDU and then 2 nights on Princess Alexandra Ward, and everyone including the catering staff, nursing staff and doctors always greeted me with a smile. As well as providing excellent clinical care they also provide an excellent personal service. My pain was managed really well, nothing was too much trouble for the staff, and the food was tasty. They also have free wifi on the ward which was definitely a nice surprise. Being in hospital is never going to be pleasant but the staff went over and above what I would have expected to ensure that I was always comfortable.

It would have been great to have a portable suction machine so I could move around, rather than having to stay in my cubicle attached to the wall for the first day.

Thank you to all of the staff for being so kind and caring, as well as providing excellent clinical care.

Response from Royal Brompton Hospital

Many thanks for your comments we will pass on your feedback to staff. We are in the process of trialling a portable suction unit, which should allow patients to be more mobile during their stay in hospital. Your comments will help us deliver the best possible care and treatment for patients and their families. Thank you once again for taking the time to give us feedback.