"Fantastic staff doing a grand job"

About: Basildon University Hospital

I had surgery on my knee on the 31st January and the staff at the Day Unit put me at ease immediately and were friendly and professional throughout my journey around the hospital. Today I had to call the unit as I was experiencing some pain and was asked to attend A&E with suspected DVT. I was seen extremely quickly and treated, with further treatment and follow up appointments arranged whilst in the department. Once again, the staff were wonderful and fantastic at keeping the calm. Basildon has had a very bad name for a very long time and I was not looking forward to undergoing treatment there but the service from fracture clinic through to the operation through to after care has been amazing and faultless.

Response from Basildon University Hospital

We have noticed that a number of comments posted on the NHS Choices some time ago did not receive a posted response from the Trust, for which we offer our sincere apologies.

We would like to assure you that at the time your comments were posted they were shared with the relevant departments.

Feedback from patients and/or their relatives/carers is always welcomed (negative or positive) whether it is showing appreciation for the care and treatment received or expressing concerns or offering suggestions to improve practices at the hospital.