"A fantastic experience. Would recommend wrh..."

About: Worcestershire Royal Hospital

I would highly recommend the maternity unit here. From the moment we arrived in the ante natal assessment unit the midwives couldnt do enough for me. During the early stages of labour we were given a lovely clean room and staff were very supportive. When it was time to move to the delivery suite the care we received was exceptional. We had the same fabulous midwife with us throughout the labour who treated me with complete dignity and respect. I had her full support, giving me advice and coaching me through each contraction until my baby arrived. I dont think the standard of care could have been better even if we had paid to go private.

The postnatal ward was much busier which meant waiting for help with feeding etc but the staff were all helpful and friendly.

The security tags put on the baby's ankle are not very secure! My son's fell off and i informed a midwife, only for her to slide it back over his foot which i could have done myself! Surely if she just slipped it on then anyone trying to take the baby would just slip it off?!

Only a small negative though, on the whole we couldnt have asked for a better service!

Response from Worcestershire Royal Hospital

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the care you received prior to, during and after the birth of your baby.

Thank you also for your comments regarding the baby tag - this is very helpful feedback. Please be reassured that we have addressed this with staff.

We would like to take this opportunity to wish you well with yoru new baby and thank you once again for your comments.