"I would never have an overnight stay at this..."

About: The James Cook University Hospital

nurses attitude to patients. Pain relief when asked for to be given, not waiting an hour and 40mins to get what was required to become comfortable. Never for nurse to tell a patient to shut up and walk out because they are in extreme pain and there was no pain meds wrote up and the pain meds that were wrote up the pharmacy couldnt get hold of til the next day.. so I was left in complete agony for over 24 hours and I was just left.. then to top that I was woken up one morning to a nurse saying, you have to go into a side room, you have MRSA.. I was taken to a side room and a leaflet lay on my bed, I am a wheelchair user and I have a cathetar in situ so I should have received at least some basic care as I also had an open wound all around the bottom of my left leg. The room I was taken too was disgusting, it was filthy.

Yes, I am complaining to the person in charge! I am also going to see what they have to say about me contracting MRSA, I have been an impatient on several ocassions and on every visit I was tested for MRSA and never had a positive test until now!

Response from The James Cook University Hospital

South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust did not receive your concerns due to technical difficulties. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please contact the Patient Relations Department (PALS) on 01642 854807. Thank you