"Good quality care"

About: Royal Stoke University Hospital / General medicine Stafford Hospital / Clinical haematology West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

At the beginning of this month I was unwell and I contacted my GP Surgery who advised we contact Ambulance Service and they responded within minutes.

Their staff were exceptional and within a few minutes had determined I should go to the North Staffordshire Royal Infirmary (UHNS) A&E and did everything possible to make the journey bearable had they not done so its doubtful I would be here today.

North Staffordshire Royal Infirmary (UHNS) A&E were excellent and the quality of care was impeccable. I was admitted to Ward 10 the acute Stroke Ward and whilst on that Ward I received the highest standard of clinical and personal care. Post the acute phase some days later I was moved to Ward 231 the Neurological Ward. I received on this Ward an extremely high Standard of personal and clinical care.

The permanent staff at the North Staffordshire Royal Infirmary (UHNS) gave 200% ensuring that the patient received a high standard of care.

Also the follow up service provided by Stafford Hospital Haematology Department has also been excellent.

Response from University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust

Dear ‘Just want care’

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this lovely comment. We are delighted you had the experience you described. This is the standard we aim for every day at our Trust and it is very rewarding to hear that it is being achieved to the benefit of our patients. Best wishes for your continuing care and we wish you a speedy recovery.

University Hospital of North Staffordshire

Response from Regional Head of Patient Experience, West Midlands Ambulance Service

Thank you for your positive feedback about the speed of the response and care delivered to you. I hope that you are now making a good recovery. Should you wish to contact the Patient Experience Team please do not hesitate to call 01384 246370.