"The Day Ward, Peter Hodgkinson Centre"
About: Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Lincoln NG34 8GG
Posted by Carck6 (as ),
This is a story from an anonymous service user who wanted to share their experiences of LPFT.
"The Day Ward has literally rescued me from not only staring at four walls at home but also from ending my life. The staff work so well and are so balanced as a Team - not only is your designated nurse aware of your needs and is there to talk and support you, but the whole of the Team are completely tuned in and readily available in times of need and throughout the day. May I say I have had plenty of those! But there has always been someone there to listen sensitively anbd supportively and be encouraging. It is a safe haven where you are cared for. They have helped me and others. I'm sure to:-
- Feel comfortable around other people (strangers)
- Learn new skills (too numerous to list)
- Be kept busy and encouraged
- Help one another - become caring for one another and at the same time be sensitive to how a person is feeling - they may need space!
- Be an inspiration to carry on
- Help people back in the community and be independent
- Help us put something back in to the service by volunteering where strengths are recognised
- get you involved in activities that can continue after discharge
- Mix with other people who have been through similar difficulties but can now engage in every day and structured activities out in the community
- Help sort medication needs through the doctors
Only downside is it closes Friday to Monday. Fridays are my worst day knowing I have to survive a whole weekend without support - other than over the phone which is often very busy and unable to be there at your most vulnerable time.