"An oasis of calm and caring with all the support I..."

About: Leighton Hospital

My husband was admitted to Ward 2, Leighton Hospital where he sadly died just over a week later. The staff treated both myself and my husband with the greatest respect and helped us through an extremely difficult time. He had only been diagnosed with cancer a month earlier and it was a huge shock to find that his time was so limited. We have no family locally and neither do we have any children and I will always be grateful to the staff who helped me deal with the trauma of the week leading up to his death. Words alone cannot express the admiration I had for the team of doctors and nurses on Ward 2, everyone I came into contact with had an extremely caring and helpful nature to both myself and my husband. Nothing is ever a perfect situation but this was the closest to perfection that you could ever reach.

Response from Leighton Hospital

Dear Mrs Booth

Thank you for finding the time to write highlighting your thanks for the care offered to you and your husband during his final days . It is comforting to know that during such a difficult time you felt supported by the staff on the ward and consoled by the care that was offered to your husband .

I shall ensure that your words are relayed to the staff working on Ward 2 which I know they will very much appreciate reading.

With sincerest best wishes to you.

John David