"Appointment date mix up with Sentinel"

About: Sentinel Healthcare Southwest Community Interest Company / Referral & Appointment Booking Team

After being referred to the eye infirmary by my optician, I was contacted by Sentinel. I was told that the appointment would be on a Tuesday and was asked if any day was inconvenient. There were two dates that month that I was on holiday and this was recorded.

Next contact was the appointment which came through month later and was for a Wednesday the following month (Please note this was not a Tuesday!)

The week before my appointment, someone from either Sentinel or the eye infirmary tried to contact me by telephone to confirm. Unfortunately they rang a phone number that was 10 years out. Fortunately I'm still talking to my ex-wife!

Response from Rachel Newport, Sentinel Secretarial Support, Sentinel CAS, Sentinel Healthcare CiC

Thank you for your feedback. Your comments have been shared with the Sentinel team.

We would be grateful if you could provide details of your name and NHS Number via confidential email to ply-pct.Sentinel@nhs.net if you are happy to do so, so that we can investigate this matter further for you.

Kind Regards.