"Appointment confusion with Sentinel"

About: Sentinel Healthcare Southwest Community Interest Company Sentinel Healthcare Southwest Community Interest Company / Referral & Appointment Booking Team

I had a phone call last week advising me that I'd been referred for an appointment with a dermatologist. I was asked which hospital I would like to attend, and I requested Derriford, as it is local to me.

I was told I would receive a confirmation letter, but having not received one a while later I called Derriford Hospital to check the time of my appointment. The lady I spoke to said my appointment had actually been made at a very early time at Tavistock Hospital! I would have missed this appointment, and may well have been taken off the list, had I not called to confirm myself. I'd like to know how this could have happened?

The lady I spoke to at Derriford then transferred me to dermatology outpatients, who offered me an earlier appointment. Why could Sentinel not have offered me this in the first place? Instead I was initially offered an appointment not at the hospital I'd requested, and received no confirmation letter.

Response from Sentinel Healthcare

Dear fountain297

Thank you for your feedback regarding our clinical assessment service. In order to be able to answer your questions I need to invesigate your referral and would be grateful if you could kindly supply me with more details. If you are happy to do so, please could you email me details of your name, date of birth and NHS number, if you have a record of it? My email address is nicola.lant@nhs.net.

Many thanks.