"utterly dreadful and deeply depressing"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

attitude of arrogant consultant, communication between doctors, note taking so I didn't have to repeat everything fifty times, disrespect for private medicine, range and quality of drinks available, range of newspapers available.

Everything seems to work on a lowest common denominator process. I had my initial operation done privately and came here as an emergency admission. When I asked to be transferred tio a private hospital I became stupid. I saw 5 drs over 3 days and from beginning to end all they could say was that they didn't know about my op and could Itell them. Was the private hospital sure it was cancer!!! The implication was that I would die if I went private, said in bullying tones. Such attitudes are intolerable.

When I eventually got to a private hospital the difference was utterly stunning.

This hospital, is appalling

Response from Steven Hams, Deputy Chief Nurse and Head of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you or your feedback, I am very sorry to hear of your experience at the Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Hospital. Positive attitude and good communication are two important qualities that we expect of all of our staff and I am sorry that on this occasion we did not meet either your or our own high expectations.

If you would like to discuss your concerns formally I would be grateful if you could contact our Patient Experience Team via email at patientexperience@ekht.nhs.uk or 01227 864314