"day surgery waiting times"

About: Kent & Canterbury Hospital

I have been waiting for day surgery since August 2011. Every time I phone the appts clerk the phone rings until the answerphone kicks in. I leave messages but I have never had a reply.

I had to complain via pals before anyone would talk to me and then despite being told I would definately have surgery this month I have not rec'd a date and now find that it is likely I was not suitable to have my NHS surgery in a private hospital.

Still no-one has told me anything or explained when I will have my surgery. Waiting is costing me money and opportunity.

From now on, when selecting a specialist I will always check how many days they work for the NHS each week

Response from Steven Hams, Deputy Chief Nurse and Head of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you or your feedback, I am very sorry to hear of the time you have had to wait for day surgery. In order to address your specific concerns I would be grateful if you could contact our Patient Experience Team via email at patientexperience@ekht.nhs.uk or 01227 864314 who will be happy to help.