"Was left on my own for 16 hours in a crowded dirty..."

About: John Radcliffe Hospital

I was admitted to the a and e department at the John Radcliffe. I was there for over 16 hours. Despite being in agony and distress I was left in the waiting room in front of countless other people who were seen and treated hourse before me and they were complaining if they were waiting for 2 hours!. I was told I would have a ultrasound and a cat scan and I had neither. I was eventually sent away with painkillers and left to get on with it. I was really scared and frightened.

If they had seen what my gp had put and seen my medical records they would of known how to treat me. I eventually had to go to emergency gp to get adequate painkillers I was not allergic too. they didnt listen and I felt like a number not a person.

Response from John Radcliffe Hospital

We are very sorry that you were unhappy with your experience at the John Radcliffe Hospital Emergency Department.

If you would like to discuss your experience with us in person, please, do contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service: Monday to Friday 9.00am - 4.00pm on 01865 221473 / 740868.