"I think you are doing a brilliant job!"

About: University Hospital Of North Durham

Just heard on the news about poor feedback on the NHS services. I can tell that my experience with NHS was (and is) very good indeed. I had a hernia operation in 2007 at Durham University Hospital excellently done by my Consultant. I remember I went home the same day after the surgery, and in one week I felt comfortable enough to return to my work. Since then I already forgot that I had the operation - there is no scar left! I'm going to the gym every day doing my workouts as before. Thanks a lot!

I'm also thankful for the good service from the Hospital in general. Everyone in the Hospital was helpful, very friendly and professional. I also appreciate very pleasant environment, very good standards of care and hygiene.

Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Dear S. Fenyk

Thank you for providing feedback on your admission to the University Hospital of North Durham for a hernia operation in 2007.

I am very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience, that you recovered quickly and that you were happy with the care you received.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant staff.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Patient Experience Team