"2nd appointment with Neurology December 2011 was..."

About: Royal Surrey County Hospital

Further to my initial feedback, I contacted PALS as advised - I received a very prompt reply assuring me that my message had been referred to the Neurology Manager. I then received a call from the Neurology Manager, who was great & explained that the Neurologist I had originally seen had left. She arranged an appointment for the next possible slot on 21st December, which I was grateful for, however, on the day I received the appointment letter she called again to say she had managed to arrange an appointment on Monday - (2 days away), which was brilliant!

My 2nd Appointment with a different Neurologist was completely different. He took thorough history & symptom notes & he conducted many tests & talked me through the scan results showing me stills of the slices on a pc. Everything was very well explained. At the end of the consultation, I already knew what he was going to tell me before he said it, but it was a great relief to hear it from someone highly qualified & to know my instinct wasn't insanity.

He had co-ordinated a specialist Nurse to speak to me after the consult, she is lovely & has already been a great help. Sadly I don't get to keep her, but I will be handed over to a specialist Nurse in my area.

Update to my feedback posted 23rd November 2011

I would like to thank everyone for their part in arranging an appointment for me to find out my results. PALS, The Neurology Manager & The Neurologist & The Specialist Nurse, also the NHS Choices website. A huge thank you to you all!

Response from Royal Surrey County Hospital

We are really pleased to hear that everything was sorted out and hope you are now feeling better. Best wishes from the Royal Surrey.